Time Surfer, an endless running game that debuted in January of this year, is available for free for the first time since it launched.
In Time Surfer, players take control of a surfer who races across the galaxy to escape from a destructive force, dodging spikes, pits, and other obstacles along the way. The game offers a number of costumes and power ups, along with pixel art and chiptunes.
In addition to going free, the game has also received a significant content update, adding new black hole-filled gaming mode called “The Kepler Run” and passive costume perks that provide character enhancements.
Warning – intergalactic update incoming!!!
- Say hello to… “The Kepler Run”, a brand new mode! It’s a surreal flight through a galaxy swamped with black holes: it’s a taller zone and the ground slowly disappears over the course of your flight. Use those black holes to slingshot yourself but don’t get caught in the middle of them!
- Costumes now have passive “perks”. Every costume has a different effect, like improvements to speed, magnet or time bonuses, improved base speed, faster curve diving or constant time regeneration!
- Some pets and costumes can be combo’d for super ultimate power! Example: Bean + Axolotl = Ultra Speed Boost!
- New costumes! Meet Neon Surfer, Pirate Surfer and the formidable “Snailien”.
- A new summary screen keeps you on up to date with your high score progress and rewards you with bonus cakes for collecting time gems. Delicious.
Our sister site TouchArcade reviewed the game when it was released, calling it “a glorious mess of bright colors, pixel art, and the most upbeat of chiptunes.”
Take the calm simplicity of Tiny Wings, crank up the speed, stick it in space and add a dozen good ways to die.
Time Surfer is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free for a limited time. [Direct Link]